Size of a house 🏡

This is something silly I wrote in 2003 when I was heavily pregnant with Maddie and feeling very uncomfortable and enormous. 🤰🐄🐳🏡

Size of a house 🏡

Come on, smelly
Leave my belly.
I feel like a wobbly jelly.
Don’t ask how,
Just get out now.
I am the size of a cow.
You’ll be frail,
Small and pale.
Unlike me, I'm like a whale.
Breast milk at least
Will be your feast.
Suckling from this mummy beast.
Skin stretch allows
Elephant from mouse.
I am the size of a house...
(But you can’t live here forever).

(19 days to go…..)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

COVID #6: The morning after winter solstice

I wrote this at the end of December 2020. It had been an incredibly difficult year for everyone. The pandemic had taken its toll in so many ...

Previous posts