Favourite blanket

At University Hospitals Bristol and Weston, our hospital charity Above and Beyond sponsor a poet in residence, Beth Calverley to work with staff and patients. We run a monthly Pause + Reflect group - an opportunity for creative writing. This month, with a theme of light and touch, Beth gave us a prompt to write about an inanimate object seen from a different point of view. Here's mine: 


Favourite blanket

Soft and fleecy, white and grey; 

You wrap yourself around me,

You give comfort,

You provide warmth.


I pick you up on demand,

I toss you aside when I’m done.

I’ve never stopped to ask, 

Is that okay? 

Do you mind?

 

Rachel McCoubrie 25.1.21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

COVID #6: The morning after winter solstice

I wrote this at the end of December 2020. It had been an incredibly difficult year for everyone. The pandemic had taken its toll in so many ...

Previous posts