National Pie Day

I am married to a man who loves his pies as much as I love chocolate, so I thought I'd write him a poem for National Pie Day:


I Spy...

I spy, it’s my little pie
There’s something beginning with P.
It’s the Pastry crust,
An absolute must,
It’s bronzed perfection to me.

I spy, it’s my little pie
There’s something beginning with I.
It’s the Inside delights,
Meat hidden from sight,
I live for that steak and ale high.

I spy, it’s my little pie
There’s something beginning with E.
It’s Eating it, quick
Each bite, each lick
Gobbling up with such glee...

I spy, with my little eye,
My husband has raided the fridge.
He’s eaten my pie,
He cannot deny.
That’s vexed me more than a smidge. 



Rachel McCoubrie 24.1.19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

COVID #6: The morning after winter solstice

I wrote this at the end of December 2020. It had been an incredibly difficult year for everyone. The pandemic had taken its toll in so many ...

Previous posts