COVID #4: 20/20 or 2020 Vision?

 It's World Poetry Day today and the theme is vision. Here's something I put together as I crunched on my granola this morning. 

20/20 or 2020 Vision

With my 20/20 vision, 

I may have ‘normal’ sight,

But my 2020 vision

Is what keeps me up at night.

 

With my 2020 vision,

Masked faces our disguise, 

Always second guessing

What might lie beneath the eyes.

 

With my 2020 vision,

Social distancing upheld,

Friends and family hurting,

Hugs and handshakes are withheld.

 

But my 20/20 vision

Can help me through each day,

Accepting this is tricky,

It won’t always be this way.

 

These 2020 measures

Are designed to keep us safe,

Flattening the curve

Of this second COVID wave.

 

Protecting one another,

We can meanwhile fantasize,

About the day we’ll hug and see

Those smiles beneath our eyes. 



Rachel McCoubrie

1.10.2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

COVID #6: The morning after winter solstice

I wrote this at the end of December 2020. It had been an incredibly difficult year for everyone. The pandemic had taken its toll in so many ...

Previous posts